Data from your data source must be loaded into your workspace before the data can be used in the analytical designer. You can deploy the data to your GoodData workspace manually or create a regular, recurring schedule to deploy the data automatically.
Create Data Loading Process
In this step, you will create a process that moves the data from your data source to your GoodData workspace. This process is called Automated Data Distribution (ADD) and it can be deployed to multiple GoodData workspaces.
Follow these steps:
- Click Deploy Process.
The Deploy process to a project screen appears.
Select the data source you want to use and name your process. The Automated Data Distribution option is preselected.
Note: If you only have a single data source, it is preselected.
- Click Deploy.
When the process ends, the following screen appears:
You are now ready to create a data loading schedule.
Create and Run a New Schedule
To ensure your GoodData analytics is always using the most up-to-date data, you can create schedule to automate data loads between your data source and your GoodData workspace. For this example, you create a manual schedule.
- Click the blue Schedule Process button or click Create new schedule in the process's section.
The New schedule screen appears.
- In the New schedule screen, fill in the required details.
- Select the process for which you want to create a schedule.
- In the Runs dropdown, set the frequency of execution to manually.
- Name your schedule.
- Leave everything else intact.
- Click Schedule.
The schedule is saved and opens for your preview.
You are now going to manually run the scheduled process.
- Click Run.
- Confirm Run.
The schedule is queued for execution and is run as platform resources are available.
The process may take some time to complete.
- Close the dialogue window when the process finishes with a status of OK, it means that the ADD process has loaded the data to your workspace.