Disable or Delete Users
This article describes how to disable and delete users within the GoodData platform and individual workspaces.
The procedures in this article assume that you access your workspaces at https://secure.gooddata.com/.
If you are a white-labeled customer, replace
secure.gooddata.com with your white-labeled domain in the following procedure steps.
Disable a User in a Workspace
Log in to the GoodData Portal at https://secure.gooddata.com/.
Click Manage on the toolbar. The administration page opens.
Click the Workspace & Users tab.
On the Active tab, locate the user that you want to disable, and click Deactivate. The user is disabled and is moved from the Active tab to the Deactivated tab.
When the user tries to access the workspace, they see a message that their account is not authorized.
Any contributions that the user has made to the workspace (reports, comments, customized metrics) remain in the workspace. You can re-enable the disabled user at any time.
Enable a Disabled User
- Log in to the GoodData Portal at https://secure.gooddata.com/.
- Click Manage on the toolbar. The administration page opens.
- Click the Workspace & Users tab.
- Click the Deactivated tab.
- Locate the user that you want to enable, and click Enable. The user is enabled and is moved from the Deactivated tab to the Active tab.
The user can access the workspace normally.
Delete a User from a Workspace
- Delete yourself from a workspace.
- Delete another user from a workspace.
Delete Yourself from a Workspace
Deleting yourself from a workspace means leaving this workspace. See Leave a Workspace.
You cannot leave a workspace if you are the only administrator in it.
Delete Another User from a Workspace
In GoodData, terms workspace and project denote the same entity. For example, project ID is exactly the same as workspace ID. See Find the Workspace ID.
Use the API for deleting a user from a workspace.
You must have the ‘canSuspendUserFromProject’ permission (see User Roles Permissions) in the workspace from which you want to delete a user.
Delete a User from the GoodData Platform
This feature presumes domain administration privileges which are not available in the GoodData Free plan.
Delete yourself from the GoodData platform.
Delete another user from the GoodData platform.
Delete Yourself from the GoodData Platform
- Log in to the GoodData Portal at https://secure.gooddata.com.
- Click your username in the top right corner, and select Account. The account settings page opens.
- Click Delete Account. A confirmation dialog appears.
- Confirm the account deletion. The dialog closes. Your account is deleted from the GoodData platform. You cannot log in to the GoodData platform anymore. You cannot access any GoodData workspaces.
Delete Another User from the GoodData Platform
Use the API for deleting a user from the GoodData platform.
You must be a domain administrator (see Your GoodData Domain) to delete a user from the GoodData platform.