White-Label a New Domain
To white-label a new domain, follow these steps:
Select a URL for the white-labeled domain. For example:
Having a domain hosted on a subdomain of another GoodData domain is not supported.
For example, if your white-labeled domain is
https://analytics.yourcompany.com, you cannot have another domain at
Select an administrator for the new domain. For more information, see Choose a Domain Administrator.
Ask a technical administrator at your company to set up a CNAME. For more information, see Set up a CNAME and Acquire a TLS Certificate.
If you decided to manage TLS certificates yourself (see Set up a CNAME and Acquire a TLS Certificate), ask a technical administrator at your company to generate a TLS certificate.The other option of managing TLS certificates is to let GoodData do it for you using Let’s Encrypt. If you use this option, you do not have to generate a TLS certificate. For more information, see Set up a CNAME and Acquire a TLS Certificate.
After you acquire the necessary information, follow these steps:
- Open a request to create the white-labeled domain at GoodData Support. Include the following assets, which you gathered in the previous procedure, in this request:
- URL for the white-labeled domain
- Email address of the domain administrator
- Confirmation of CNAME creation
- (If you decided to manage TLS certificates yourself) Public and private components of the TLS certificate
- Customize the domain using the GoodData API. For more information, see Customize the White-Labeled Domain.
- (Optional) Configure the DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) email authentication method for outgoing emails. For more information, see Configure DKIM for Outgoing Email.