We strongly recommend that the initial setup of LCM on your site involve or be done by GoodData specialists. For more information, contact GoodData Support.
The following is the process that the GoodData specialists follow to implement LCM on your site. The implementation is done using the specific bricks (see Bricks).
- Initial setup. Based on a predefined template called "Development master workspace", master workspaces are created for one or more segments. If the segments do not yet exist, they are created as well.
Brick involved: Release Brick
- Client provisioning. Client workspaces are created under the appropriate segments. The reports, dashboards, filters, logical data model (LDM), ETL and metadata are deployed from the master workspace to the clients' workspaces within a segment. If specified, obsolete clients and their workspaces are removed.
Brick involved: Provisioning Brick
- Synchronization / Release management. The client workspaces are synchronized with the latest version of the segment's master workspace within the specified segments.
Brick involved: Rollout Brick
- (Optional) User configuration. Users are added/removed to/from the domain. Users are added/removed to/from a workspace. A user's information and/or role is updated.
Brick involved: Users Brick
- (Optional) User filter configuration. User access to the data in a workspace is configured based on data filters.
Brick involved: User Filters Brick
This process is the recommended method for managing workspaces via LCM.
For the initial setup, GoodData specialists configure the bricks for you.
So that the GoodData specialists can configure the bricks properly, they will ask you to prepare input data for the bricks and store it in one of the supported locations (see Types of Input Data Sources).
For information about what input data should look like for each brick, see the corresponding section under Bricks.