GoodSuccess - GoodData Usage Analytics
GoodSuccess is a tool that monitors and analyzes performance of your GoodData domain. You can monitor workspace characteristics such as the number of workspaces, workspace size, and usage of analytical objects within workspace.
Rather than building your own solution, you can deploy GoodSuccess to monitor and analyze the behavior and utilization of your GoodData instance.
GoodSuccess is essentially a GoodData managed workspace that is accessible on https://usage.gooddata.com.
Data is loaded in daily snapshots, typically before 1pm UTC.
How to Access GoodSuccess Analytics
GoodSuccess is an opt-in program. To enable GoodSuccess in your domains, contact GoodData Support or your GoodData Customer Success representative. Upon approval, they will provision GoodSuccess for you and invite your users.
When you request GoodSuccess, ensure that you provide the list of users that you want to add to your GoodSuccess program.
You will get the Editor+Invitation role for your domain’s workspaces so you can manage users in the GoodSuccess instance. See User Roles and User Roles Permissions.
Administrator roles are not available in the GoodSuccess program.
Using GoodSuccess, you can, for example, do the following:
- Monitor adoption of the newly released dashboard.
- Monitor and analyze utilization of individual dashboards and insights to determine which deserve more prominence, require update or should be deleted.
- See which parts of the data model and which section of data users are more interested in.
- Determine high and low utilization areas of your analytics.
- Discover trends in, for example, contract utilization across all or selected environments.
- Find out if you could be, perhaps, refreshing some workspaces too often and, subsequently, free resources to prioritize certain processes.
- Contract statistics vs limits
- Automatic data distribution (ADS)
- Workspace sizes
- Workspace counts
- Workspace details
- ADS details
- Users' activity and trends
- Executions and Usage patterns
- Workspace tiers
Note: The extent of deployment of individual GoodSuccess tools may depend on your GoodData contract, your workspaces' setups, and limitations of a particular metric.
GoodSuccess works over the following sections of the GoodData platform:
GoodSuccess is provided ‘as is’ but you can adjust reporting within your GoodSuccess instance to suit your reporting and monitoring needs. GoodSuccess works as any GoodData workspace within the privileges available to the Editor+Invitation role.
You can also request new features. Contact your GoodData Customer Success representative.
We reserve the right to change the base GoodSuccess solution model to deliver new features which may cause removal of your customization. There is no option to reject such changes.