You can filter KPI Dashboards by date or any attribute available in your workspace. These filters apply to all KPIs and insights on the dashboard.
For details, see Date Filters in KPI Dashboards.
To filter by attributes, drag and drop Attribute filter to the filter bar at the top and select an attribute from the dropdown menu.
To change the order of the filters, drag a filter to a new position in the filter bar.
Dependent attribute filters
If you have multiple attribute filters with many items, you can configure the filters to create a hierarchy. Filters then show only the items that correspond with the selections in their parent filters.
- Open a KPI Dashboard for editing.
- Add attribute filters to the filter bar.
- For each attribute that you want to display items filtered by another attribute, click the filter and then click Configuration.
- In the Filter by section, select a parent attribute filter.
You can select multiple parent filters.
- If there are multiple connections between the attributes, select one in the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
Now if you narrow the selection in the parent filter, the dependent filters show only items corresponding with the parent filter selection.
To connect filters, their associated attributes must be connected in the logical data model. If the attributes are not connected, the option to connect them is disabled in the filter configuration.
- You cannot use the date range filter as a parent or child.
- You cannot connect a parent filter back to the child. This applies also to connections through other filters as well.
For example, if you filter Menu Category by Restaurant Category, you cannot configure Restaurant Category to be filtered by Menu Category.
You have two attribute filters on your KPI Dashboard: Restaurant Category and Menu Category.
Menu Category is filtered by Restaurant Category (Restaurant Category is a parent filter of the Menu Category).
You narrow the Restaurant Category to display only Casual Dining. The Menu Category then displays only a limited set of items that correspond with Casual Dining.