On KPI Dashboard, you can enable drilling from measures to any existing insight. By clicking on a measure in the View mode (not while editing), the target insight then opens.
You can configure drilling for any insight you add to your dashboard. Drilling for KPIs is not supported.
- Add an insight to a KPI Dashboard.
For details, see Set up a KPI Dashboard.
- Click the insight.
The options menu opens.
- In the Interactions section, click Add interaction.
- Select for which measure to set the drilling.
- In the I want to drop-down menu, select Drill into insight.
- Select to which insight you want to drill when clicking on the measure.
(Optional) Repeat steps 3-6 to add more drilling.
You can add drilling for each measure in the insight.
If you set drilling for multiple measures, for example, in Bubble Charts, where one data point is defined by these multiple measures, KPI Dashboards uses the first drilling you configure.
- Click Save & Publish.
Now when you click a measure in the insight, the KPI Dashboard opens the target insight in a pop-up window.
If you remove a source measure from the insight, KPI Dashboards remove the drilling from the insight and display a message when you edit the dashboard.
Filters in drilling
The target insight is filtered by the following filters:
- Filters configured in the KPI Dashboard filter bar and active for the source insight.
- Filters configured in Analytical Designer for the target insight.
- Attribute value you click on in the source insight.
When you click on a value in Fine dining, the target insight filters only to Fine dining.
The target insight ignores any filters configured for the source insight in Analytical Designer.