On KPI Dashboard, you can enable drilling from measures to any existing KPI dashboard. By clicking on a measure in the View mode (not while editing), the target dashboard then opens.
You can configure drilling for any insight you add to your dashboard. Drilling for KPIs is not supported.
- Add an insight to a KPI Dashboard.
For details, see Set up a KPI Dashboard.
- Click the insight.
The options menu opens.
- In the Interactions section, click Add interaction.
- Select for which measure to set the drilling.
- In the I want to drop-down menu, select Drill into dashboard.
- Select to which KPI dashboard you want to drill when clicking on the measure.
(Optional) Repeat steps 3-6 to add more drilling.
You can add drilling for each measure in the insight.
If you set drilling for multiple measures, for example, in Bubble Charts, where one data point is defined by these multiple measures, KPI Dashboards uses the first drilling you configure.
- Click Save & Publish.
Now when you click a measure in the insight, the KPI Dashboards opens the target dashboard in the same window.
If you remove a source measure from the insight, KPI Dashboards remove the drilling from the insight and display a message when you edit the dashboard.
How the attribute and date filters interact
When drilling, the KPI dashboards work with multiple filters: from the source KPI dashboard, from the insight, and from the target KPI dashboard.
Drilling always works with the filters currently set in the View mode.
The attribute filters from the source KPI dashboard are applied during drilling with the following conditions:
- The same attribute filter exists on the target KPI dashboard
- The attribute is selected in the Filter by section of the widget configuration on the source KPI dashboard
If the insight on the source KPI dashboard uses attributes to break down measures, the intersection attribute values are used to filter the target dashboard. The same conditions apply.
The insight attribute filters has higher priority than the global attribute filters on the source dashboard.
The date filters from the source KPI dashboard are applied during drilling with the following conditions:
- The date filter can be configured on the target KPI dashboard
- The date attribute is selected in the Filter by section of the widget configuration on the source KPI dashboard
The date filter from the insight is ignored.