This article shows tips and tricks how to develop large number visuals and progress indicators such as numbers and arrows in your dashboards.
Large Font Numeric Report
- Create a report showing a single number.
Do not add any attributes in the How section.
- Convert the report to a stack bar chart.
- Go to Advanced Configuration → Y Axis → Primary Axis.
- Set the max of the axis to a large number, for example 1000000000
- Unselect the Name and Labels checkboxes
- In Advanced Configuration → Global Settings, select Data Labels.
- Set the font size to 18.
- Select Totals.
- Unselect Values and Boxed.
Trending Colored Arrows:
To show a positive/negative trend, create a second metric showing a difference in time.
For example, the
Revenue metric showing the trend between the last month and the month before it (attribute
SELECT (SELECT Revenue WHERE Month/Year = PREVIOUS ) - (SELECT Revenue WHERE Month/Year = PREVIOUS-1)
This is an Get Started with Using MAQL to Write Metrics).(see
To create a customized formatting for this metric, use both conditional formatting (different for negative and positive numbers) and change the font color: