Each insight type has slightly different options and may enable you to display different types of data.
The table below shows what you can configure in each insight type:
|View by2)||Stack by3)||Attributes||Trend by2)||Segment by3)||Rows||Columns||Configuration4)|
Stacked area chart
|✅ 5) || ❌ ||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
1) Allows measures based on facts, calculated measures created as MAQL metrics, and aggregated attributes.
2) Allows only one attribute or date.
3) Requires only one item in the Measures section.
4) The configuration options differ for each insight type.
5) Has multiple Measures sections.
When you switch from one insight type to another, the configuration of the insight may change. For example, when you switch from a column chart with 3 items in the Measures section and 2 items in the View by section to a pie chart, the pie chart displays only the first item in each section. When you switch back without changing anything, all the original items are displayed again.
For information about creating insights, read Create Insights.
In every insight, you can:
- Display measures and attributes.
- Filter each measure and attribute by date.
For details, see Filter Measures by Date.
Filter each measure and attribute by attributes.
You can also click an attribute value in the insight legend to hide the value from the insight. This does not apply to Heatmaps.
Rename any measure or attribute.
For more details, see Rename Measures.
- Change insight properties.
For details about insight properties, see Configure Insight Properties.
All insights display dates in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY.