Analytical Designer allows you to change the default properties of your insights. You can show or hide axes, disable gridlines, rotate labels, change colors, and so on.
You can change the properties in the Configuration section when creating an insight.
To hide or display axes, toggle the switch for the X-axes and Y-axes.
- To change the axis values display angle, select the angle in the Rotation dropdown list.
- To hide or display the axis name, toggle the switch for Name.
- To change the axis name position, select an option in the Position dropdown list.
- To set the minimum and maximum values for an axis, type the values in the Min and Max fields.
- To hide or display the legend, toggle the switch in the Legend section.
- To change the position of the legend, select the position in the dropdown list.
If you add insights to KPI Dashboards and display them on narrow screens, the legend automatically moves to the top and may be collapsed for better readability.
- To show or hide the data labels, select the option in the Data Labels dropdown list.
- To show or hide the gridline, select or unselect the Gridline option.
Custom Color Palette
Analytical Designer includes a predefined set of colors used for items displayed in insights.
If you want to use a different set of colors (for example, your company colors), you can upload a custom color palette via API (see Importing Custom Color Palettes).
Analytical Designer and KPI Dashboards then use your colors instead of the default ones in all current and future insights. The new custom colors are also respected in insights used via GoodData.UI.
You can include any number of colors in your custom palette.
Change Measure and Attribute Colors
Analytical Designer assigns colors for measures and attributes in a fixed order. The first measure/attribute in the Measure(s) section is assigned the first color from the palette (the default one or your custom palette).
For each of the measure/attribute in your insight, you can change the color in which the insight displays it. For example, you want to display Opportunities won in green and Opportunities lost in blue.
- In the Configuration section, click Colors (A in the image above).
- Click the measure/attribute that you want to change.
Select a new color, or click Custom color (B) to adjust the current color.
You can select another color form the picker (C), enter a hexadecimal code for a new color (D), or select a different shade of your color (E).
To hide the Custom color settings, set the
enableCustomColorPickerplatform setting to
false. For details, see Configure Various Features via Platform Settings.
To revert to the original colors, go to Configuration → Colors and click Reset colors.
The image below shows a column chart that has:
- Colors of both measures changed
- X-axis switched off
- Name of Y-axis positioned in the middle
- Labels on Y-axis (Left) rotated by 30°
Set the Y-axis (Left) scale from 0 to 175000
- Labels on Y-axis (Right) rotated by 60°
- Set the Y-axis (Right) scale from 1000 to 100000
- Legend placed to the left of the insight
- Data labels displayed
- Gridline hidden