The data on the GoodData platform is backed up daily.
The following data gets backed up:
Workspace Data (aka Project Data)
Workspaces (projects) are backed up daily.
A project backup package includes project data and metadata and has the same content as if you would export your project. A project backup package may include ETL processes. However, we do not guarantee it in any way.
In the unlikely event of service disruption or other network-wide failure, data is restored to the previous backup. During restoring project data, the project is moved to a state of
DISABLED and cannot be accessed. Once the data is restored, the project is moved back to its initial state (by default,
The following retention rules are applied:
- For the last 5 calendar days, one backup package per day for a project is stored.
- For the period between 5 days ago and 1 month ago, one backup package per week is stored for a project.
- For the period between 1 month ago and 3 months ago, one backup package per month is stored for a project.
- Backup packages older than 3 months are deleted.
- Backup packages for a deleted project (including backup packages for deleted projects of a customer with a terminated contract) are stored for 44 calendar days after the project was deleted, then deleted.
All projects except for the ones in the Testing environment are backed up. When restoring projects, the projects in the Production environment are restored first. After that, the projects in the Development environment are restored.
Removing a specific project’s backup earlier or removing project backup packages for a certain period can be done per request and may be subject to a charge. For more information, contact your GoodData Account Manager.
Restoring a project from its backup can be done per request. For more information, contact your GoodData Account Manager or GoodData Support. The process is manual and may take up to several days depending on the volume of restored data.
Data Warehouse Data
The Data Warehouse clusters are backed up daily. In the unlikely event of service disruption or other network-wide failure, data is restored to the previous backup.
The purpose of Data Warehouse data backup is data recovery in case of a failure or data loss. GoodData does not provide on-demand data recovery. Whenever you upload data to Data Warehouse, consider keeping a copy of that data for backup purposes. You can manage your own backups through third-party tools. For information on how to create and manage data backups, see user documentation for the tool that you have chosen.