The legacy GoodData-proprietary Salesforce SSO method that is based on SessionID is deprecated and will stop working on March 30, 2020.
How will this affect you?
If you are using the legacy Salesforce SSO method, it will stop working on March 30, 2020. Users will not be able to log in to the GoodData platform using the implemented legacy Salesforce SSO method.
How can you get prepared?
Check whether you are using the legacy Salesforce SSO method. To do so, check if all the following statements are true:
- You log in to the GoodData platform from Salesforce with SSO.
- You use a Salesforce authentication provider.
- You use embedded GoodData analytics in Salesforce.
If you are using the legacy Salesforce SSO method, migrate to Salesforce SAML SSO before the end-of-life, March 30, 2020.
- Create a new SAML identity provider in Salesforce (see Configure Identity Provider with Salesforce).
- Send the identity provider metadata to GoodData Support.
GoodData Support add your identity provider into the GoodData platform and send you information about the new authentication provider.
- For your users, replace the Salesforce authentication provider with the one that you received from GoodData Support.
- Update the links to all embedded GoodData dashboards in your Salesforce application as described in Embed a Dashboard into Salesforce.
If you have additional questions, contact GoodData Support.