GoodData systematically improves platform availability and SLAs. A part of this program is deprecation of legacy features and components that are already supported by newer platform capabilities.
The deprecation process goes through the following milestones:
- Announcement date is the date when GoodData announce that a feature is going to be deprecated and specify the end-of-life date. The announcement date may but does not have to differ from the deprecation date (announcing upcoming deprecation in advance vs. deprecating a feature effective immediately).
- Deprecation date is the date after which the feature is no longer available in the GoodData platform but is still supported in the implementations that were created before the deprecation date.
- End-of-life date is the date after which the feature is removed from the GoodData platform and is no longer supported. Any existing implementations using that feature after this date will stop working.
The following features or components have been deprecated but have not yet reached their end-of-life:
|Feature||Announcement date||Deprecation date||End-of-life date|
|Interactive Explorers||March 19, 2016||March 19, 2016||TBD|
|SHA-1 Signature for SAML||August 11, 2018||August 11, 2018||June 1, 2019|
|JDBC Driver Version 3.0.2 through 3.1.2||April 18, 2019||April 18, 2019||October 31, 2019|
|Java SDK Versions 2.32.0 and Older||April 4, 2019||April 4, 2019||March 30, 2020|
|Legacy Salesforce SSO Method||May 16, 2019||May 16, 2019||March 30, 2020|
Here is the full list of features or components that have been deprecated or reached their end-of-life:
- Amazon S3 Credentials API Resource
- Data Upload API Resource
- Interactive Explorers
- Java SDK Versions 2.32.0 and Older
- JDBC Driver Version 3.0.2 through 3.1.2
- Legacy Salesforce SSO Method
- PGP SSO GET Method
- Project Templates
- SHA-1 Signature for SAML
- visualization Object Type in Project Metadata