GoodData systematically improves platform availability and SLAs. A part of this program is deprecation of legacy features and components that are already supported by newer platform capabilities.
The deprecation process goes through the following milestones:
- Announcement date is the date when GoodData announce that a feature is going to be deprecated and specify the end-of-life date. The announcement date may but does not have to differ from the deprecation date (announcing upcoming deprecation in advance vs. deprecating a feature effective immediately).
- Deprecation date is the date after which the feature is no longer available in the GoodData platform but is still supported in the implementations that were created before the deprecation date.
- End-of-life (EOL) date is the date after which the feature is removed from the GoodData platform and is no longer supported. Any existing implementations using that feature after this date will stop working.
What Is Deprecated
The following features or components have been deprecated but have not yet reached their end-of-life (sorted by end-of-life date):
|Feature||Announcement date||Deprecation date||End-of-life date|
|PGP SSO GET Method||November 15, 2018||February 18, 2019||July 1, 2021|
|SFTP for Loading Data to the GoodData Platform||June 13, 2019||June 13, 2019||January 1, 2023|
|Support for TLS Version 1.0 and 1.1||February 13, 2020||February 13, 2020||TBD|
What Reached End-of-Life
The following features or components have already reached their end-of-life and are no longer supported:
- Amazon S3 Credentials API Resource
- Data Upload API Resource
- IP Addresses Used for Data Loading
- Interactive Explorers
- Java SDK Versions 2.32.0 and Older
- JDBC Driver Version 3.0.2 through 3.1.2
- Legacy Salesforce SSO Method
- PGP SSO Public Key
- Project Templates
- SHA-1 Signature for SAML
- visualization Object Type in Project Metadata
For information about how different versions of GoodData.UI go through the life cycle phases and what level of support you can expect when using a specific version of GoodData.UI, see https://sdk.gooddata.com/gooddata-ui/docs/supported_versions.html.