You can upload a set of data to your GoodData workspace (project) and analyze it on an ad hoc basis using our CSV uploader. You can use the CSV uploader to quickly analyze your data or to verify data integrity and standard compliance of your CSV files.
CSV Uploader allows you to add data from a file without affecting the rest of the data in your workspace (production data). The data from the file is added as a separate dataset (non-production data) and does not affect the existing datasets. To add data from a CSV file to use in your production environment, see Load CSV Files to a Workspace with the LDM Modeler.
For the following tutorial, download the order_lines.csv sample file. Ensure the downloaded file keeps its *.csv suffix. If you decide to upload your own CSV files, ensure that you read CSV File Requirements. Once the data is added, you can immediately start analyzing it in Analytical Designer (see Create Insights).
To load the data using the CSV uploader:
- Select the workspace/project that you want to use to upload your CSV file.
The Default dashboard page with your workspace opens.
- Click Load in the top navigation bar.
The Load page opens.
Depending on your GoodData plan, the page may look differently:
- Click Load on the CSV tile.
The Choose a CSV file pop-up window appears.
- Click Browse to select the CSV file, then click Load to start data processing.
- On the screen that appears, verify the data, then click Done.
GoodData will start processing your data.
When the processing is finished, you will see the confirmation message
- Close the green message and click Analyze to open Analytical Designer and begin creating insights.
Access Data from a CSV File
The data from a CSV is added to a separate dataset and do not mix with your prodution data that you added from a data warehouse or using LDM Modeler.
To access the CSV data, simply click the Production data tab under the name of your workpace and click the CSV dataset (Order LInes (2) in this case).
Manage CSV datasets
To update or delete a CSV dataset uploaded using the CSV Uploader, go to the Load section.
For more information, see:
- Update the Data Uploaded from a File
- Combine Data Uploaded from a File with Project Data
- Delete Data Uploaded from a File