This tutorial provides a basic introduction to building a logical data model in LDM Modeler to describe the relationships between data records in projects. These relationships are managed through the logical data model, which is an abstraction of the actual database schema. The logical data model provides a simpler, more user-friendly view on data relationships.
The tutorial steps through the process of assembling the datasets and other objects in a simple Human Resources example and then provides instruction on how this dataset can be published to project.
This tutorial should take about an hour to read and complete.
- Example Data Schema and How to Structure Data
- Build Your First Logical Data Model in CloudConnect Modeler
- Building the Hierarchies in the CloudConnect Modeler
- Updating Other Projects with Your LDM in CloudConnect
- Creating a Data Model in CloudConnect (Summary)
While users with some experience in data modeling can probably get started immediately, most users would benefit by reviewing the following sections first: