Set up automatic emailing of dashboards and reports to share a snapshot of project data as an email attachment. You can share this information only with project members.
You can attach multiple dashboards and reports to a single email. The filename of each attached report and dashboard contains a date- and timestamp so you know when it was generated.
The following options are available for the attachment format:
- Dashboards can be shared only as PDF.
- Reports can be shared as PDF, XLSX, CSV, or as an inline message.
All reports must be sent in the same format.
Generated emails contain an 'unsubscribe' link in the footer. Users who unsubscribe from a scheduled email are listed in its configuration in the GoodData Portal.
- Log in to the GoodData Portal, and go to Manage → Emailing Dashboards.
- Click Schedule New Email.
- Fill in the fields to configure the scheduled email, and click Save.
The email is scheduled. The GoodData platform will send the emails as scheduled.
From the Emailing Dashboards tab, you can also:
- View or modify the configuration of an existing scheduled email
- Duplicate a scheduled email
- Delete a scheduled email
When sending reports as XLSX, you can select the option to keep attribute cells merged or unmerged. You can also include active filters in the file. These options are similar to the export options and you can find more information in section XLSX in Export File Types.