Return to the parent topic: KPI Dashboards
On KPI dashboards, you can:
- Create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and configure them
KPIs are metrics available in your workspace.
- Add insights from Analytical Designer.
To add insights, you must have Analytical Designer enabled. If you do not have Analytical Designer, contact GoodData Support
- Set up date and attribute filters for the whole dashboard and all its viewers.
See also How the Dashboard Data Filter and Insight Date Filters Interact.
You can add as many KPI dashboards to your project as you want, however, review you dashboards periodically and keep only those that are relevant to your users.
Create KPI Dashboards
- On the project toolbar, click KPIs.
- Click Add dashboard.
- Drag and drop the KPI item to the dahhsboard area.
- In the right side pane, select the measure to display.
Measures represent the data you analyze.
- To filter by different attributes, select any option in the Filter by section.
The availability of the options depends on the data sets in your project.
- To compare data with the previous period or the same period in previous year, select the option in the Comparison drop down.
You can also select whether the resulting percentage is displayed in red or green.
To open a standard dashboard when user clicks the KPI, select a dashboard in the Drill into dashboard section on the right.
- Add alerts to individual KPIs.
For details, see Add an Alert to a KPI.
Drag and drop insights to the dashboards.
You can add insights crated by you or shared with you.
For details, see Create an Insight with Analytical Designer.
You can add as many insights as you want. We recommend to keep the number of KPIs and insights below 16 to avoid delays in report computation.
To set up a date filter, click Date range drop-down in the top bar and select the filter interval.
This date filter applies to all KPIs and insights on the dashboard.
- To add an attribute filter, drag and drop Attribute filter to the filter bar at the top.
This attribute filter applies to all KPIs and insights on the dashboard.
To name the dashboard, click Untitled at the top and type the name.
To change the dashboard name later, see Rename a KPI Dashboard.
- Click Save & Publish.
The KPI dashboard is saved and appears in the dashboard list. The dashboard is visible to all project users.
Edit KPI Dashboards
For details, see these topics:
Delete KPI dashboards
For details, see Delete a KPI Dashboard.
Embed KPI dashboards
For details, see Embed a KPI Dashboard.
KPI Dashboard Examples
Create a KPI to display the number of opportunities created this month (September 2017), and compare it to the number of opportunities created last month (August 2017):
- Drag and drop a KPI to the dashboard.
- For the KPI, select the # of Opportunities measure.
- Filter by the Opportunities Created date.
- Select Compare with → Previous period.
- Set the date filter to This month.
Comparison is always performed for the complete previous period.
If you are viewing the KPI dashboard on October 21, 2017, the KPI value is calculated for October 2017 (from the 1st till 21st including) and is compared to the value calculated for September 2017 (from the 1st till the 30th including).
Create a KPI to display the number of opportunities closed last quarter (July 1, 2017 - September 30, 2017), and compare it to the number of opportunities closed in the same quarter previous year (July 1, 2016 - September 30, 2016).
- Drag and drop a KPI to the dashboard.
- For the KPI, select # of Opportunities.
- Filter by the Opportunities Closed date.
- Select Compare with → Previous year.
- Set the date filter to Last quarter.
How the Dashboard Data Filter and Insight Date Filters Interact
When you add insights to the KPI dashboards, they are filtered by the dashboard date filter. The insight may include their own date filters as well (see Create an Insight with Analytical Designer).
To disable the insight filter, unselect the Filter by date option in the right side pane.
|KPI dashboard filter||Insight filter||What is used|
|❌||❌||No date filter|
|❌||✅||Insight date filter|
|✅||❌||Dashboard date filter|
Dashboard date filter
If the same date dimension is used in both filters.
Both dashboard and insight date filters (the AND operator)
If different date dimensions are used.
This may also help: KPI Dashboard FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)