For Administrators only
Through the Projects & Users tab, you can manage the users in the project and aspects of the overall project. See Administering Projects and Project Objects.
You can manage the following functions:
- Email project users
- Change user roles
- Add or remove users
- Review invited and deactivated users
- Invite new users to the project. See the VIDEO tutorial How to invite others to your project.
- Review member profiles. See Managing Member Profiles .
Email: Click Email all members of project in the Projects & Users tab.
Change user roles: Use the dropdowns that appear next to each user's name.
For more information, see User Roles .
Remove users: To deactivate a user from the project, click Deactivate next to the user's name.
Deactivated users are prohibited from logging in to the project as long as they are deactivated. Any contributions these users have made to the project (reports, comments, customized metrics) remain in the project. Deactivated users can be reactivated at any time.
Users who have been deactivated from a project are listed on the Deactivated tab. To reactivate a deactivated user, click Enable below the user's name.
Invite Users: To invite new users to your project, click the + Invite Users button.
From the Invite users dialog, you can define a prospective user's role and add a personalized message to include in the email invitation.
You can add users to a project silently via API. These users do not receive an invitation. See the GoodData API documentation.
Review invitations: Check the status of prospective users who have been invited to your project from the Invited tab.
You can also resend or cancel invitations to users.
VIDEO How to Invite Others into Your Project
This section contains the following topics:
- User Roles
- Handling Users Hierarchies in GoodData
- User Provisioning
- Use the Users Brick to Provision Users in Your Projects
- Add User to Project with REST API
- Managing Member Profiles
- Update a User Email
- Use Groups to Share Dashboards with Multiple Users
- Inviting Users with Pre-applied Data Permissions
- Disable or Delete Users
- Set Default Number Format for your User Account