Each insight type has slightly different options and may enable you to display different types of data.
The table below shows what you can configure in each insight type:
|View by2)||Stack by3)||Attributes||Trend by2)||Segment by3)||Configuration4)|
Stacked area chart
1) Allows measures based on facts, calculated measures created as MAQL metrics, and aggregated attributes.
2) Allows only one attribute or date.
3) Requires only one item in the Measures section.
4) The configuration options differ for each insight type.
5) Has multiple Measures sections.
When you switch from one insight type to another, the configuration of the insight may change. For example, when you switch from a table with 3 items in the Measures section and 2 items in the Attributes section to a pie chart, the pie chart displays only the first item in each section. When you switch back without changing anything, all the original items are displayed again.
For information about creating insights, read Create an Insight with Analytical Designer.
All the insights types can:
- Display measures and attributes.
- Filter each measure and attribute by date.
For details, see Filter Measures by Date.
Filter each measure and attribute by attributes.
You can also click an attribute value in the insight legend to hide the value from the insight. This does not apply to Heatmaps.
- Rename any measure or attribute in insights.
For more details, see Rename Measures and Attributes in Individual Insights.
Hide all its values in the insight.
This does not apply to Heatmaps.
For details about the common characteristics, see Create an Insight with Analytical Designer.
For details about insight properties, see Change Insight Configuration.
All insights display dates in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY.
For detailed information about individual insight types, see the following topics:
- Bar Charts
- Bubble Charts
- Column Charts
- Donut Charts
- Line Charts
- Pie Charts
- Scatter Plots
- Stacked Area Charts
- Change Insight Configuration