Analytical Designer is an environment for data discovery and visualization.
Drag and drop measures and attributes to interactive zones to:
- Create insights (charts, graphs, and tables)
- Slice the data
- Filter the data
- Change the way it is visualized
Insights change dynamically with each click, enabling you to play with your data. Analytical Designer also recommends best practices and next steps.
Overview of the Analytical Designer interface
- Attributes represent qualitative data (categories).
- Measures represent quantitative data.
- Select different insight types to visualize your data.
- Drag data from this list to any active drop zone on the canvas to start creating your insight (or visualization).
- Drag data from these zones back to the list to remove them from your insight.
- Drag the Date or any attribute to the bar to filter your data.
- Recommendations help you modify your insight based on common usage patterns.
- Navigate between steps or clear your insight.
- Save your insight or open the insight in the Report Editor.
For more information about Report Editor, see Working with Reports.
To learn how to work with the Analytical Designer, review the following sections: