Use CSV Uploader for Ad-hoc Analysis
CSV Uploader is a legacy component and may not be available for all users.
You can upload a set of data to your workspace and analyze it on an ad hoc basis using CSV Uploader. You can use CSV Uploader to quickly analyze your data or to verify data integrity and standard compliance of your CSV files.
CSV Uploader allows you to add data from a CSV file without affecting the rest of the data in your workspace (production data). The data from the file is added as a separate dataset (non-production data) and does not affect the existing datasets. To add data from a CSV file to use in your production environment, see Load CSV Files to a Workspace with the LDM Modeler.
For the following tutorial, download the order_lines.csv sample file. Ensure the downloaded file keeps its *.csv suffix. If you decide to upload your own CSV files, ensure that you read CSV File Requirements. Once the data is added, you can immediately start analyzing it in Analytical Designer (see Create Insights).
Load Data Using CSV Uploader
- Select the workspace that you want to use to upload your CSV file.
- Click Load in the top navigation bar. The Load page opens.
- Click Add Data. The dialog for choosing a CSV file appears.
- Click Browse to select the CSV file, then click Load to start data processing.
- On the screen that appears, verify the data, then click Done. GoodData starts processing your data. When the processing is finished, a confirmation message appears.
- Close the message, and click Analyze to open Analytical Designer and begin creating insights.
Access Data Loaded from a CSV File
The data from a CSV file is added to a separate dataset and do not mix with your production data that you added from a data warehouse or using the LDM Modeler.
To access the data loaded from a CSV file, click Analyze on the top navigation bar, then click the Production data tab under the name of your workspace, and select the CSV file (
Order Lines (2) in this case).
Manage Uploaded CSV Files
To update or delete data uploaded from a CSV file, review the CSV files under the My data section.
For more information, see: