Exporting Your Logical Data Model in CloudConnect
CloudConnect is a legacy tool and will be discontinued. We recommend that to prepare your data you use the GoodData data pipeline as described in Data Preparation and Distribution. For data modeling, see Data Modeling in GoodData to learn how to work with Logical Data Modeler.
This procedure is primarily for transferring logical data models between desktop machines. Since logical data models are stored as *.LDM files in your local computer, you can copy and paste these files into the appropriate directories of other CloudConnect projects in your local environment to effectively export them.
- In the Project Explorer, open the project containing the data model you want to export.
- Open the folder containing the data model *.LDM file. Typically, this folder is the model folder.
- Secondary-click the LDM file and select Export….
- To export to a file on your local system, open the General > File System folder.
- Click Next.
- Verify that the file you want to export is selected.
- To configure the destination, click Browse…. Navigate your local directory to select a destination. Click Open.
- To complete the export, click Finish. The file is exported to the destination location.