Adding Objects to Your CloudConnect Project
CloudConnect is a legacy tool and will be discontinued. We recommend that to prepare your data you use the GoodData data pipeline as described in Data Preparation and Distribution. For data modeling, see Data Modeling in GoodData to learn how to work with Logical Data Modeler.
The basic types of objects in your logical data models are the following:
- Datasets: These logical objects enable you to map incoming data fields to internal data objects, which can be referenced in Portal metrics and reports. Datasets include numerical facts and dimensional attribute data.
- Date object: The Date dataset is a collection of attributes and dimensions that you can use to manage time-based date streams. This dataset is a special object in data modeling.
- Relations: Relations are user-configurable mappings between datasets and Date objects, which can be configured to perform modifications to the data transitioning between the two LDM objects.
Additional, less common objects are available. See Data Model Object Types in CloudConnect Modeler.
Select from the following topics to get more information:
- Adding LDM Datasets in CloudConnect
- Attributes and Facts Window in CloudConnect
- Data Model Object Types in CloudConnect Modeler
- LDM Object Datatypes in CloudConnect
- Adding LDM Date Object in Cloud Connect
- Importing CL Tool XMLs in CloudConnect